Friday, September 7, 2007

Public Sublety.




This banner addressed to Columbia University appeared on my project site in Harlem today. I noticed it right after some black guy rushed me on the street while telling me to get out of his neighborhood, that I'm ruining it. How does he know I want to plant trees, put in street lights and do under lighting on the structure of the subway viaducts? I was non-descript in a black hoodie and ballcap just like him. What about Henry Vargas' 'Harlem Luxury Living' in the photo above? Is that ruining his neighborhood too?

5 comments:

Driftwood said...

Whoa, whoa... Wait a damn minute.

YOU were in a black hoodie and ball cap!?!

I don't know what to think of this. Maybe it's the various meds I'm taking combined with the seemingly endless head congestion, but I believe--in all seriousness--that there's a deeply seeded, sublime beauty to your pointed urban explorations.

Driftwood said...

Also, Mr. Vargas is not ruining his neighborhood. Mr Vargas is clearly committed to the advancement of communities through the acquisition and development of residential and commercial properties that have the greatest potential for improving the quality of life of all its residents. His unique expertise in Real Estate will allow him to effectively facilitate this goal, restoring community pride and value in all neighborhoods in Harlem and throughout the United States.

DUH!

Anne Trumble said...

you rock, driftwood. i can't wait until you're here in nyc to partake in my sublime urban explorations. yeah!!!!

Anonymous said...

Henry Vargas is a lying ass.

Anne Trumble said...

arthur, do you know Henry?