Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grand Finale.

Herein lies the last NYC post for awhile. As I prepare for a couple weeks in the Midwest driving a combine while I help my dad harvest the crops and then on to an adventure in Madagascar planning landscapes for the betterment of the environment, economy, and human welfare, life is absolutely delightful. Like, the kind of pleasure that is suspect. Is it real? But, since I've worked hard and taken some very decided risks to build this, I will shelf the suspicion and simply enjoy.

As I pack up the apartment, submit final student grades, welcome a very lucky subletter to my comfy pad, load the dog into the car, say goodbye to some of the most amazing friends I have ever had, and drive half-way across the country to the music of Amadou & Miriam, Manu Chao, and Rosetta Stone French I, there is one last bit of business here in NYC. Below is my final energy expenditure to West 125th Street. It's a program to enlist local artists to interpret the cultural landscape history of the site and with the help of an architecture/planning studio, turn the interpretations into a type of site installation during construction. This is something the community requested each time we met with them, and now that I have access to academia and an acute knowledge of the site and players involved, can possibly make it happen, or at the very least, instigate a conversation amongst the powers that be. I hope. We shall see, as emails are sent off to create possibility.









No comments: