Monday, July 13, 2009

Apocalyptic Occupation.
















This is a photo my friend Meghan took of a stunning sunset sky in New York City. This photo has not been manipulated in any way. I happened to be in The Village with John at the time where everyone had emerged from the cafes and filled the streets to look up at the sky. I think it's possible The Rapture occurred and we're all still here. Party on!

I've never seen a sky like this. But this sky wasn't just about something to view. It literally filled the streets with a soft orange light that gave everything a soft glow - I presume a light quality that many a film maker would love to have the opportunity to shoot in naturally.

I will never forget the tiny village street that evening, and again, how the landscape of the sky (one we often forget because of our limited views of horizon) filled the landscape of the city.

2 comments:

JB said...

Re: The Rapture. Good theory. No way anyone living in The Village isn't Left Behind.

Driftwood said...

Ooh! Mammatus! We get these about once a year here in mid-Michigan and they're usually (but not always) associated with really powerful storms. I'm surprised, growing up in Nebraska, that you never saw any!